Today, we’re offering a special Dave-less bonus episode featuring our friend Nick Rynerson. Nick was in town on business, and we decided that we should to something amazing: we should go to McKay’s, one of my favorite bookstores!
Get ready for the weirdest episode we may have ever done as we:
- Offer hot takes on books we see
- Recommend books for one another
- Describe our approaches to bookstore browsing
- Search for David Foster Wallace books and other titles Nick can’t remember
- Get a totally off-brand book for Dave that he has to read (because it’s a gift, and it would be bad form to do otherwise)
All while wondering how long it’s going to be before someone kicks us out.
A few of the books we mentioned on this episode:
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- The Crown Jewels by Walter Jon Williams
- Island in the Sea of Time by S. M. Stirling
- Ex Machina Vol. 1 by Brian K Vaughn & Tony Harris (note: this book is intended for adult readers only)
- Commonwealth by Anne Patchett
- Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
- The Big Short by Michael Lewis
- Shakespeare Wrote for Money by Nick Hornby
- A Wild Sheep Chase by Haruki Murakami
- Cat’s Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.