We’re wrapping up our special summer series today, where each of the co-hosts jumps into the hot seat to introduce him or herself to our listeners! This time, Dave is in the hot seat—as long as his internet connection holds out. Listen in to hear:
- How Dave got into publishing (and met his lovely wife)
- How he fell in love with history books, and how many Winston Churchill biographies he’s read (this week)
- One obvious publishing trope that needs to go away forever
- A few of the books that made him (and keep making him) love reading
- His pretty great idea for a pen name
Audience participation time: After every episode in this miniseries, we want you to recommend some fun (and totally appropriate) pen names for each of us. We’ll share our favorites at the end of the series (if y’all participate). Share them with us on on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod.
A few of the books mentioned on today’s episode
- Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Churchill: Walking with Destiny by Andrew Roberts
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM us on Twitter or Instagram.