A couple weeks’ back, we travelled to exotic downtown Indianapolis for TGC19. With so many book loving people in one place at the same time, we took the show on the road to chat with a few friends. On this episode, we’re joined by Karen Swallow Prior to talk books and British literature, theology, pets, and few other things too. Listen in as we discuss:
- Will Dave’s cats join him in the new creation?
- How does reading help us become virtuous?
- What challenges do the current (and forthcoming) generations face when it comes to reading?
- Why is reading classic works so difficult?
- Does anyone actually read Moby Dick?
- Which is more virtuous: using the cliff notes or watching the movie adaptation of a book?
- What do we really wish people understood about Jane Austen’s books?
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/9381497/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/ffffff/” height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
A few of the books we mentioned in this episode:
- On Reading Well by Karen Swallow Prior
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- Tess of the D’ubervilles by Thomas Hardy
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.