Welcome to the fifth episode of Reading Writers. Each week, I’ll be speaking with Christian authors and writers about what they’re writing, but also about what they’re reading—and how reading widely can help us grow as believers, as creators and disciple-makers.
What you’ll hear in this episode
This week, I’m joined by Stephen Miller. Stephen is the worship pastor at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Dallas, Texas, a recording artist (with five albums and counting to his name), and the author of two books, Worship Leaders, We Are Not Rock Stars and Liberating King.
Listen in as we discuss:
- Why listening to audiobooks totally counts toward your reading;
- How Jesus wants to rescue us from a truncated view of worship;
- What it’s like to serve in a very established church; and
- How Bob Goff challenged him to be more available as a father.
Books and resources mentioned in this episode
- Liberating King by Stephen Miller
- Worship Leaders, We Are Not Rock Stars by Stephen Miller
- Love Does by Bob Goff
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek
- Take Audible for a test-drive with a free 30-day trial membership
Who will be on the next episode of Reading Writers?
Next week, I’ll be joined by Daniel Darling to discuss the Jesuses we create in our own image, reading lots of great books and the importance of cultural engagement. It’s a fun one!
Sponsoring Reading Writers
If you are interested in sponsoring a future episode of Reading Writers, let’s chat. Send me a note and we’ll get started.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Reading Writers via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends. It takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Reading Writers!