[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/11796563/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/no/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/87a93a/” width=”100%” height=”90″ scrolling=”no” class=”podcast-class” frameborder=”0″ placement=”top” use_download_link=”” download_link_text=”” primary_content_url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/tableofmalcontents/EP55_Malcontents.mp3″ theme=”custom” custom_color=”87a93a” libsyn_item_id=”11796563″ /]
With Dave still off doing something, Jennifer Brogdon returns to take his spot and class up this show. Listen in as we discuss:
- How men and women might process the difficult elements of Beartown differently
- Poor choices in cover designs (or when bad covers happen to good books)
- The right speed and cadence for audiobook narration
- Dave’s favorite new author
This week’s indie-bookstore shout-out goes to Lemuria Books in Jackson, MS. If you live near Jackson, or you’re passing through the area, be sure to check it out.
A few of the books referenced this week:
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
- The Silkworm by J.K. Rowling writing as Robert Galbraith
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
And, as always, be sure to grab a few bags of the Table of (mal)Contents blend by our friends at Lagares Coffee Roasters.
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.