A little while ago, we had a scheduling conflict and Barnabas couldn’t join us for a podcasting session (he had to work or something). But we couldn’t have a snarkless episode, so we asked our good friend Rachel Shaver to join us on the show! Listen in to a rare Barnbas-less episode where we discuss:
- When can you claim a kids book on Goodreads—or can you at all?
- Why doesn’t Goodreads give you a “complete” option vs. “read” for audiobooks?
- Where did we first encounter Wil Wheaton in various media?
- Is writing a kids books harder than writing other kinds of books?
- How do you encourage a love of reading with kids?
- Why do we need to read fiction, given that we work in non-fiction publishing?
A few of the books we mentioned on this episode
- [easyazon_link identifier=”1773210300″ locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”strongarm-20″]The Paperbag Princess[/easyazon_link] by Robert Munsch
- [easyazon_link identifier=”0763642649″ l\ocale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”strongarm-20″]Guess How Much I Love You[/easyazon_link] by Sam McBrantey
- [easyazon_link identifier=”0803741715″ locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”strongarm-20″]The Book With No Pictures[/easyazon_link] by BJ Novak
- [easyazon_link identifier=”0142403873″ locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”strongarm-20″]The Gruffalo[/easyazon_link] by Julia Donaldson
- [easyazon_link identifier=”1484730887″ locale=”US” nw=”y” tag=”strongarm-20″]Mother Bruce[/easyazon_link] by Ryan T. Higgins
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.